Monday, October 29, 2012

The chronicles of the matchsticks

When I was about five years old, my cousin who was around twelve at the time used to create matchstick towns to complement their matchbox vehicle collection. I remember the whole floor of their bedroom except for the furniture was a miniature town, the roads were drawn with chalk from school. This was the inspiration that drove me to what I am today, from cement roads around trees in our garden  lego cities and 'HO' layouts with trains from my uncle to finally my lifelong hobby of modeling miniature 'N' gauge, 1:160 scale trains
This is a project that has been procrastinating on my mind for some time. I can' t see the final picture of this project yet but I now know it will be from the days of the wild west, A time I know really well in my imagination having read countless J T Edson and Louie Lamour westerns, in a time of limited Television. On a different note I think reading really fuels your imagination and the television for all it's programming, does nothing for it .
So the matches have arrived thanks to my sister (Aliya does not manufacture real matchsticks anymore thanks to deforestation and costs so we have only  useless wax  coated paper matches) The next step is the Base


No comments:

Post a Comment